Mustafina FX PT
Is Simone even real?
Nanning 2014 Podium Training: Simone Biles
Mustafina UB PT
is it just the fact that she usually doesn’t care about pt or has aliya stopped working that much on bars? :-/
She looks very rushed. Might just be her usual PT ways. Her bars during PT last year were a mess. Hopefully she’s just getting used to the equiptment, esp since she was so clean during euros and russian cup
Why is it only ever one hip which gets messed up doing bars, not that I want it to be both but ya know, annoying.
I was experimenting with different ways to really visualize the actual scoring potential of our top AA’ers so! I made a few graphs following all their AA performance from the past two seasons. WHO DOESN’T LOVE CHARTS!!!!! Apologies if I missed any, these are the ones I had recorded. intentionally left out were those that I couldn’t find apparatus-by-apparatus results for, like 2013 Romanian Nationals and a couple 2013 domestic Chinese competitions all of which would’ve been super helpful to see relative to Antwerp. Boooooo, everyone be as good as the US at having this info easily accessible in the future, thanks. D-scores noted only where they were given officially with the results.
Didn’t do Shang Chunsong since these took some time and she was still vaulting a FTY last week so tbh I’d say that counts her out of the podium race. If she shows up at Qual’s with a DTY, I…won’t actually regret not doing one for her? I hope she does just to make things exciting??
- Was part of my motivation for this to see how much of a freaky cyborg Ross looked like on paper? Maybe. Her lines are relatively straight, minus some domestic inflation and a couple mistakes.
- Doing this made me pretty convinced it’ll be 1. Biles, 2. Mustafina, 3. Iordache. Biles, duh. Looking at this, it’s definitely clear Mustafina and Iordache are working to up their problem apparatuses (with hiccups, but still. look at Iordache breaking 14 three times on bars this year!), while Yao just hasn’t done the same for floor. I’d never discount Ross doing her Robot Ross thing and outconsistenting everyone to that silver or bronze, tho.
- Biles’ straight-ass vault line all the way up in the stratosphere makes me so happy.
- Missing from this is the fact that Mustafina’s highest beam score in Antwerp was in event finals (14.9, almost a point higher than her other two sets) and her most recent beam score is actually the 15.567 she scored in the Russian Cup EFs — again, almost a point higher than her beam in the AA. Obvs, it’d be great for her if she could pull that out a couple days early this time around.
- Did you know that Iordache’s sole hit beam set in Antwerp gleaned the 2nd highest E score on beam from the entire competition? An 8.866. Gym fandom can be a little down on her form, but judges undeniably love her on beam, as was evidenced by the Great Zeng v Iordache Doha E Score Debate of 2013. I don’t think she’ll quite get up to the 7.2 routine she debuted at Romanian Nationals but an upper 6’s d-score + upper 8’s e-score = the kind of big score that will be gamechanging for her, imo. Generally she may be the one who has upped the difficulty of her program the most, if she gets close to her 5.8/6.2/7.2/6.5 potential.
- Predictions, for fun: Biles will just squeak past 61. Mustafina and Iordache will both break 60. (That’s pretty optimistic, but I’m feeling an upward trajectory for them.) Ross will continue to hover around 59 while Yao lands in the upper 58’s. Typing those sentences made me feel like a weatherman. Anyways, someone’s gonna fall and mess that up but I would rather they not, so. Let’s live in magical splatless hypotheticals a little longer.
I freaking love this. Up for doing one of the top 5/6 MAG AAers?
While everyone else is in Nanning, Bailie and Nica are in the gym being the cutest people ever
seriously how do these girls practice with marta staring at them like that